Banking & Finance
Banking and finance is one of the key practice areas of the firm and we provide comprehensive services with respect to all kinds of banking and financing transactions.
Our banking and finance team has advised both local and international clients, including banks and other financial institutions. Our advice includes assistance to banks with syndicated loans documentation, as well as assistance with regulatory matters. As our clients comprise local government authorities and governmental agencies, we also have experience in financing PPP projects.
Considering recent developments in the economy, we have mostly been involved in consulting on the acquisition of distressed real estate assets and transfer of loan portfolios as well as restructuring enterprises and debt obligations.
Our expertise extends from practice to legislation—we have actively participated in the development of the credit institution regulations.
Real Estate Finance
Refinancing and Recapitalization
Securities and Capital Markets
Compliance and Banking Regulations
- Advising Swedbank, SEB Bank on various legal matters.
- Advising and representing the biggest construction company in Lithuania, Ranga IV Group in its negotiations with leading commercial banks on credit financing of major real estate development projects in Lithuania.
- Advising the Norwegian investment fund Orkla Finans and its management company Inova Baltic on the acquisition and financing of the one of the biggest logistics centers in Lithuania (30 thousand sq. m). The acquisition was financed by SEB Bank.
- KPMG Baltics in co-operation with the firm, was engaged to analyse the legal aspects of the formation of the Latvian development bank on the basis of LHZB.
- Advising real estate developer, Manutent OÜ, on its bond-issue and listing on the NASDAQ OMX Tallinn Stock Exchange.
- Advising the Bank of Estonia (the national central bank), its regulatory agency, the Financial Supervision Authority and the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Estonia on regulatory matters.
- Advising the major shareholder of real estate developer, Smart City Group, in relation to the listing of shares on the alternative market, First North (part of OMX Nordic Exchange).
- Advising real estate developer, Estiko AS, on delisting procedures from the NASDAQ OMX Tallinn Stock Exchange.
- Advising the largest complex of cargo and passenger ports in Estonia, AS Tallinna Sadam, and the Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, on the use of national stocks for raising and securing a syndicated loan to the value of EUR 200 million to acquire the majority shareholding in railways operator, AS Eesti Raudtee (Estonian Railways) from Baltic Rail Services (BRS) .
- Representing Eesti Maapank in negotiating the sale of a loan portfolio with Swedbank, SEB Bank, Swedish risk capital funds and Finnish risk capital and debt collection companies OY Scan Brokers AB and Aktiva Hansa OY. A deal was successfully made with Swedbank and SEB Bank.
- Representing investment funds and private investors in converting loans (issued to risk capital fund GILD Arbitrage) into bonds in a closed emission, in the course of which a supervisory mechanism was set up to monitor fund activities and the assets of the fund were pledged to secure the bonds in favour of the securing agent.